We’ve Come A Long Way
JMD Haulage Ltd is a family-run transport business which was founded by Managing Director, John Deveney, in 1978 and in 2018 we celebrated 40 years in business. John, a former merchant seaman, went into business initially as an owner-driver after working as an HGV driver and has over forty years of experience in the transport industry. JMD Haulage has grown ever since and moved into our current 3-acre site in Knowsley.
We now operate a modern fleet of 90 x 44 ton trucks and is one of the largest independent container haulier in the region.
In recent years, John has taken up a less visible role within JMD, leaving the day-to-day management of the business to Alan Maguire, who has in excess of 25 years’ experience in the industry.
- Based on a secure 3 acre site in Knowsley , 2 minutes from junction 4 of M57.
- A fleet of 90 trucks all plated at 44 tons.
- All trucks are less than 4 years old and all have trackers to show live and historic movements.
- All trucks have full telematics to show live driver performance.
- A fleet of 65 sliding skeletal trailers, 90% of which are less than 12 month’s old.
- 20 trailers fitted with gen sets to carry refrigerated containers.
- 50% of drivers are qualified to move ADR cargo.
- JMD is one of the few hauliers in the UK that hold a Section 5 firearms licence. This is issued by the Home Office and enables us to transport prohibited weapons and ammunition.
- Night trunk operation on the Port of Liverpool, reducing downtime during the day.
- Mainly operating from the Port of Liverpool but we also have trucks in the Southern Ports of Southampton, Tilbury and Felixstowe on a daily basis.
We already work direct for many of the Lines currently using the Port Of Liverpool and can envisage volumes increasing dramatically over the next 12 months with the opening of the deep sea terminal.