Road Haulage Services
At JMD Haulage we offer a large modern and expanding fleet of haulage vehicles, that travel the length and breadth of the country every day. We are currently in the process of updating our fleet and by December 2016, we will have put 40 brand new trucks on the road, ensuring that our fleet of over 60 trucks is one of the most environmentally friendly and safest on the UK’s roads. Our fleet has many benefits to offer such as:
- Fifty-five x 44t trucks operated from our large 3 acres depot adjacent to the M57 in Knowsley, Liverpool , and offering full 24 hour security with our own guards
- A fleet of 60 sliding skeletal trailers which enables us to hold laden containers at our secure depot and to operate a night shunt operation to and from the quay
- All vehicles are satellite tracked which gives full visibility of real time and historic movements
- 50% of our drivers are ADR trained
- We employ a dedicated and motivated team of traffic operators
- We are currently major suppliers to many of the shipping lines using the Port of Liverpool
- We also have vehicles in all of the major Southern ports on a daily basis
Fully Equipped Refrigeration Haulage Services
- Nine underslung gensets available for hire with fully trained drivers
- This allows the safe transit and storage of refrigerated goods, as well as ensuring they arrive at their destination at both the desired temperature, and in perfect condition
- This is an easier, more cost effective option of transporting refrigerated containers than using the bolt-on type of genset which need a fork-lift truck and two-man operation each time a reefer container is lifted on and off
- Our drivers stay with our trailer at all times and the container is simply plugged in to it
ADR & Section 5 Licence
- Over 50% of our drivers are ADR trained which allows us to move a variety of cargo on the UK’s road under ADR conditions.
- All of our vehicles are equipped with ADR equipment which ensures the smooth and legal transportation of hazardous goods to and from the UK’s ports.
- We have held a Section 5 licence since the mid-1990s which enables us to move prohibited military cargo, and have successfully completed a number of contracts transporting firearms and munitions around the UK.
Container Lifting & Storage
- We have the capability to lift and store empty containers at our depot
- Arrangements can also be made nearby for the lifting and storage of laden containers
- 165000 square foot warehouse
- Withing the Port of Liverpool area
- London Metal Exchange accredited storage facility
- Full devanning facilities available
For more information regarding our services please get in touch by completing the contact form on this page, or calling us direct.